EXCELLENCE WITH INTEGRITY
Teaching and learning at Western Washington University link the classroom to all aspects of student life, including intercollegiate athletics. The mission of intercollegiate athletics at Western is three-fold:
- To compete in a broad spectrum of sports at the highest competitive NCAA Division II levels attainable;
- To compete with integrity, and;
- To link athletics participation to all aspects of learning within the University.
These principles shall guide the administration and implementation of Western Washington University's intercollegiate athletics program:
- To conduct the athletics program ethically within the spirit and letter of institutional, conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
- To establish and maintain an environment in which athletic activities are conducted as an integral part of the student-athlete's academic experience.
- To establish and maintain an environment that values cultural diversity and gender equity among student-athletes and intercollegiate department staff.
- To protect the health of and provide a safe environment for student-athletes.
- To establish and maintain an environment that fosters a positive relationship between student-athletes and coaches.
WWU Travels to Simon Fraser, Hosts MSU Billings
Vikings enter final week of regular season vying for GNAC Championships berth
Men's Hoops Closes Out Regular Season in Oregon
Vikings take 5-game winning streak into final week of the regular season
WWU Edged 78-76 by NNU in Overtime Thriller
Vikings force overtime with late 3-pointer, NNU pulls ahead in final minute of overtime
Vikings Place 5th in Both Men's and Women's...
Jasmine McMullin becomes three-time triple jump champion with NCAA AQ, Tupre Wickliff wins high jump
Defensive Vikings Shut Down Alaska Fairbanks 70-60
WWU records fourth consecutive win to reach 20 victories for the sixth time in last seven seasons
McMullin Wins Long Jump at GNAC Indoor...
WWU women are 4th, WWU men are 6th after first day at conference meet
WWU and Bellingham Selected as Host for 2019...
WECU Court at Carver Gym will host the 2019 GNAC Basketball Championships March 7-9, 2019
Second-Half Surge Lifts Vikings to 66-56 Win...
Deandre Dickson leads the way with 17-point, 7-rebound performance
Vikings Take Down Central Washington 67-59
Hannah Stipanovich scores game-high 19 points, WWU win for fifth time over last six games
Track & Field Set for GNAC Indoor Championships
The Vikings compete at the conference meet on Friday and Saturday in Idaho
Trio of Vikings Named GNAC All-Academic
Trevor Jasinsky, Trey Drechsel and Daulton Hommes honored by conference for academic performance
Trio of Vikings Named to GNAC All-Academic Team
Hannah Stipanovich, Amanda Lance and Lexie Bland honored by conference
Vikings to Host Central Washington and...
WWU faces CWU on Thursday, NNU on Saturday in GNAC matchups
Men's Basketball to Hold Reunion for 1987-88 Team
1987-88 Vikings reached the second round of the NAIA National Tournament and went 28-8 overall
Viking Men Host Alaska Schools in Penultimate...
WWU is 18-6 overall and in 2nd place in the GNAC with a 13-3 record
- Top Videos