EXCELLENCE WITH INTEGRITY
Teaching and learning at Western Washington University link the classroom to all aspects of student life, including intercollegiate athletics. The mission of intercollegiate athletics at Western is three-fold:
- To compete in a broad spectrum of sports at the highest competitive NCAA Division II levels attainable;
- To compete with integrity, and;
- To link athletics participation to all aspects of learning within the University.
These principles shall guide the administration and implementation of Western Washington University's intercollegiate athletics program:
- To conduct the athletics program ethically within the spirit and letter of institutional, conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
- To establish and maintain an environment in which athletic activities are conducted as an integral part of the student-athlete's academic experience.
- To establish and maintain an environment that values cultural diversity and gender equity among student-athletes and intercollegiate department staff.
- To protect the health of and provide a safe environment for student-athletes.
- To establish and maintain an environment that fosters a positive relationship between student-athletes and coaches.
Men's Hoops Hosts Chuck Randall Classic
Vikings take on UC San Diego and Capilano in Carver Gym during Thanksgiving holiday tournament
Five Vikings Earn D2CCA All-West Region Honors
Vikings place four players on First Team, one player on Second Team
Pair of Thanksgiving Tournaments Hosted in...
WWU will host the Chuck Randall Classic and Lynda Goodrich Classic in Carver Gym
Vikings Announced as No. 2 Seed in NCAA II...
WWU will take 18-match winning streak up against GNAC rival Alaska Anchorage in the first round...
Phelps and Hall Sweep GNAC Volleyball Awards
Abby Phelps named GNAC Co-Offensive Player of the Week and Michaela Hall earns defensive award
Carver Memories -- Nov. 3, 1979
Locker first to reach 4,000 career rushing yards
Winning Streak Reaches 18 Straight for the Vikings
WWU ends regular season with 3-0 sweep over Central Washington on Senior Night
Vikings Fall 84-68 to Azusa Pacific at West...
Hannah Stipanovich scores 20 points, Anna Schwecke and Gracie Castaneda add 13 apiece
Vikings Edged 2-0 by UCSD in West Regional Final
WWU finishes season 18-2-0 while making sixth consecutive NCAA Championships appearance
WWU Falls 56-49 Against UC San Diego at West...
Hannah Stipanovich scores 13 points, grabs career-high 14 rebounds for Vikings
Vikings Clinch GNAC Championship with Sweep...
Vikings clinch eighth GNAC title with 25-22, 25-21, 25-19 victory over No. 13 Northwest Nazarene
WWU Athletics Honored For Academic Excellence
WWU Athletics records a 90% Academic Success Rate to rank among top 32 Division II programs in...
Vikings Ready to Defend West Regional Title
WWU women's soccer takes on UC San Diego Friday night in La Jolla, Calif.
Strong Second Half Lifts Vikings to Comfortable...
Daulton Hommes scores game-high 26 points in 108-81 win over Douglas College
No. 5 Volleyball Eyes GNAC Title With Key Home ...
Vikings take 16-match winning streak into home tilts vs. NNU and CWU