EXCELLENCE WITH INTEGRITY
Teaching and learning at Western Washington University link the classroom to all aspects of student life, including intercollegiate athletics. The mission of intercollegiate athletics at Western is three-fold:
- To compete in a broad spectrum of sports at the highest competitive NCAA Division II levels attainable;
- To compete with integrity, and;
- To link athletics participation to all aspects of learning within the University.
These principles shall guide the administration and implementation of Western Washington University's intercollegiate athletics program:
- To conduct the athletics program ethically within the spirit and letter of institutional, conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
- To establish and maintain an environment in which athletic activities are conducted as an integral part of the student-athlete's academic experience.
- To establish and maintain an environment that values cultural diversity and gender equity among student-athletes and intercollegiate department staff.
- To protect the health of and provide a safe environment for student-athletes.
- To establish and maintain an environment that fosters a positive relationship between student-athletes and coaches.
WWU to Host Saint Martin's, Travel to Seattle...
Vikings open GNAC play on Thursday at home against Saint Martin's (4 pm) before facing Seattle...
No. 13 Vikings Open New Carver With 3-1 Win...
Vikings feed off energy of crowd of 1,289 in return to campus on WECU Court
WWU Finishes 18th at Skyhawk West Regional Preview
Hannah Drake and Annie Leete tie for 52nd in 100-player field to lead WWU
Volleyball Opens New Carver Gym on Tuesday
Vikings host Simon Fraser at 7 pm in first official competition on WECU Court at Carver Gym
Women's Golf in 18th Place After First Round
Vikings opened 2017-18 season with the first round of the Skyhawk West Regional Preview in...
Karli White Named GNAC Offensive Player of the ...
White turned in 2-goal, 2-assist performance in WWU’s 7-0 victory over Western Oregon
Women's Golf Opens 2017-18 Season in Colorado
Vikings will play 36 holes in the Skyhawk West Regional Preview in Durango, Colo.
Eileen Coughlin receives Lynda Goodrich Legacy ...
Announcement was made at the 28th Annual Viking Night in Carver Gym
WWU Plays to 2-2 Tie Against Fort Hays State
Anthony Dean scores twice in 50th minute, WWU goes to OT for fourth time in 2017
Volleyball Falls to Undefeated Northwest Nazarene
WWU drops tough GNAC match-up to Crusaders in four sets (25-21, 21-25, 20-25, 17-25)
Vikings Open GNAC Play with 7-0 Win over...
Grace Eversaul, Karli White and Liv Larson each score two goals in lopsided victory
WWU Men 4th, Women 5th at Sundodger Invitational
Senior Andrew Wise (19th), freshman Jane Barr leads women (24th)
Volleyball Set to Debut at New Carver Gym on...
Tuesday GNAC match vs. Simon Fraser will be first event on WECU Court at Carver Gym
Cross Country Headed to Sundodger Invitational
Women's 6K open race scheduled for 9 am, followed by men's 8K open race at 9:40 am
Carver Memories - July 23, 1952
Former WWU rowing coach won bronze medal at 1952 Olympics