EXCELLENCE WITH INTEGRITY
Teaching and learning at Western Washington University link the classroom to all aspects of student life, including intercollegiate athletics. The mission of intercollegiate athletics at Western is three-fold:
- To compete in a broad spectrum of sports at the highest competitive NCAA Division II levels attainable;
- To compete with integrity, and;
- To link athletics participation to all aspects of learning within the University.
These principles shall guide the administration and implementation of Western Washington University's intercollegiate athletics program:
- To conduct the athletics program ethically within the spirit and letter of institutional, conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
- To establish and maintain an environment in which athletic activities are conducted as an integral part of the student-athlete's academic experience.
- To establish and maintain an environment that values cultural diversity and gender equity among student-athletes and intercollegiate department staff.
- To protect the health of and provide a safe environment for student-athletes.
- To establish and maintain an environment that fosters a positive relationship between student-athletes and coaches.
Vikings in 2nd Place After First Day at GNAC...
Sophomore Ethan Casto tied for 2nd turning in even-par performance through 36 holes
Vikings in 3rd Place at GNAC Golf Championships
Junior Hannah Drake is tied for 4th after shooting a 6-over-par 77 in Monday’s first round
Women's Golf GNAC Championships Preview
Senior Jenn Paul will close out Western career looking for strong finish in final GNAC Tournament
Vikings Split Doubleheader at Central Washington
WWU wins game one 3-1, falls in no-hitter 8-0 in nightcap
Men's Golf Set to Defend GNAC Championships Title
WWU opens championships play Monday at Coeur d'Alene Golf Resort
Softball Endures Pair of One-Run Losses at...
WWU lets lead slip away in pair of close defeats in GNAC play
Taylor Posts Provisional Qualifier at Beach...
Junior Maddie Taylor clears 1.70m (5-7) in the high jump as Vikings close out final day of...
Vikings Bounce Back With Solid Race at Stanford...
WWU falls in all three races to No. 1 Stanford Lightweights, but Coach Fuchs liked his team's...
WWU Adds Provisional-Qualifying Marks Friday at...
Tupre Wickliff and Kyler Sager post provisional qualifiers, Natalie Vetto improves upon...
Vikings Fall to MSUB 4-1 in GNAC Play
Rylie Wales goes 1-for-2 with a Sac Fly to extend hitting streak
Vikings Match Up Against Stanford Lightweights ...
Vikings and Cardinal will race Saturday morning at Redwood Shores in Northern California
WWU Posts Strong Performances on Thursday at APU
Seren Dances and Peyton Shinnick record program top-10 marks at Bryan Clay Invitational
Vikings Ink Point Guard Mollie Olson out of...
Olson averaged 17.8 points and 7.3 assists during her senior season to earn 2B All-State honors
Vikings Headed to Bryan Clay Invitational and...
WWU competes Wednesday through Saturday at APU (April 18-20) and LBSU (April 20-21)
Softball Takes to the Road for Five GNAC Games
WWU returns to action Friday night vs. Montana State Billings in Portland
- Top Videos