Western Washington University Athletic Department Paid Internships
Internships within Western Washington University Athletics offer a unique opportunity to work within the Department of Intercollegiate Athletic to promote Viking Athletics. The interns act as liaisons between the Department of Athletics and various campus and community groups, faculty, staff, and local corporate sponsors. Through the process of working with these groups, the interns for Western Athletics are involved in a number of exciting events and activities in and around the campus and throughout the community. The Athletic Department internships provide students with an invaluable experience that will benefit the pursuit of a career in any field. Serving as an intern within the Western Athletic Department is a unique opportunity to be directly involved in the game day activities at Viking sporting events including basketball, volleyball, softball, track and field, rowing and soccer. These positions offered enable students to gain experience interacting face to face with a variety of people, thinking creatively, and solving problems quickly, all in a fun, professional environment.
The Western Washington University Athletic Department considers their interns a vital component in the success of the overall department. The efforts and contributions of the interns are heavily depended upon; therefore, it is essential that all interns commit to the program for the entire 2016/2017 academic year. Each of the internships offered through the Western's athletic department are paid internships, but more importantly, Western Washington University Athletic department promises one the best hands on experience within University Athletics.
This year the marketing department is looking to fill multiple positions:
Each of the Western Washington University Athletic internships requires interns to attend all sporting events throughout the year. These internships are designed for the 2016/2017 academic school year starting September 2016 and ending in June 2017. Each internship opportunity varies significantly in areas of responsibility and are further outlined below.
Special Events Intern
Details of Position:
Western Washington University Department of Athletics is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of WWU Athletics Special Events Intern. This position will help perform, plan and coordinate WWU Athletics special events located on and off campus (with several events being located in Seattle). This position will perform various tasks related to special event planning, set-up and assist with each event to ensure that each event runs smoothly and represents the highest quality of Western Athletics. This position will be responsible for staffing constituent engagement events throughout the academic year and is considered to be a crucial member of the Special Events team and reports directly to the Marketing Coordinator.
- Assist with special events; specifically, developing and executing marketing strategies for each event
- Assist in coordinating event logistics, timelines and schedules
- Assist in coordinating event activities including event setup, maintenance
- Serve as an enthusiastic member of the event staff and lead by example
- Ability to travel (to Seattle) for constituent engagement events during the 2016 - 2017 academic year
- Ability to staff on campus events during the 2016 - 2017 academic year
- Passion for events and brand promotion
- Should be a proactive self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Strong ability to set priorities, solve problems, and be resourceful under pressure
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with a variety of constituents
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment and able to manage multiple projects and campaigns
Please submit a cover letter and your resume to Alex Hamilton (email@example.com). If you have any questions please feel free to contact Alex by email or by Phone (360)650-4314