EXCELLENCE WITH INTEGRITY
Teaching and learning at Western Washington University link the classroom to all aspects of student life, including intercollegiate athletics. The mission of intercollegiate athletics at Western is three-fold:
- To compete in a broad spectrum of sports at the highest competitive NCAA Division II levels attainable;
- To compete with integrity, and;
- To link athletics participation to all aspects of learning within the University
These principles shall guide the administration and implementation of Western Washington University's intercollegiate athletics program:
1. To conduct the athletics program ethically within the spirit and letter of institutional, conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
2. To establish and maintain an environment in which athletic activities are conducted as an integral part of the student-athlete's academic experience.
3. To establish and maintain an environment that values cultural diversity and gender equity among student-athletes and intercollegiate department staff.
4. To protect the health of and provide a safe environment for student-athletes.
5. To establish and maintain an environment that fosters a positive relationship between student-athletes and coaches.
Deandre Dickson Named to Bevo Francis Award...
Senior power forward Deandre Dickson is averaging 15.0 points, 7.4 rebounds and 1.9 blocked shots...
All-Around Week Nets Drechsel GNAC Player of...
Drechsel earns second GNAC Player of the Week award this season after averaging 15.0 points, 10.5...
WWU Tops Saint Martin's 69-58 for Historic Victory
Vikings earn win No. 1,000 all-time in program history with Saturday’s victory over Saints
Vikings Extend Winning Streak With 100-91...
Trey Drechsel goes 8-for-11 from the field and 9-for-9 from the free throw line in 26-point...
WWU Opens Season with Strong Performances at UW...
Jasmie McMullin posts provisional-qualifying mark in triple jump
Track & Field to Open Indoor Season at UW Preview
WWU begins indoor campaign with first of five meets prior to GNAC Championships
WWU Rally Falls Short in 75-63 Loss to SPU
Vikings cut 21-point halftime deficit to five points but Falcons hold off WWU
WWU Track & Field Announces 2018 Schedule
Vikings begin the indoor season on Saturday at UW, outdoor season starts in March
WWU Rowing Nominated for Seattle Sports Award
Rowing national championships by WWU and the University of Washington in 2017 up for Sports Story...
Vikings Return Home to Host SPU and SMU
WWU faces SPU on Thursday at 7 pm, oppose Saint Martin's on Saturday at 7 pm.
Viking Men Win 7th Straight, 69-54 at Simon Fraser
Deandre Dickson records 17-point, 13-rebound double-double to help keep WWU perfect in GNAC play
First-Place Men's Hoops Hits the Road
Vikings take 6-game winning streak to Simon Fraser and MSU Billings
Strong Second Half Lifts Vikings to 77-67 Win...
Trey Drechsel, Daulton Hommes and Deandre Dickson all record double-doubles to keep WWU perfect...
Men's Soccer 2017 Season in Review
WWU finished 6-6-5 overall and 5-4-3 in conference play, tying for 3rd in GNAC
Vikings Edged 54-50 at Western Oregon
WWU takes a late lead, Wolves score last six points of game to top WWU
- Top Videos