WWU: Enters senior season after averaging 14.1 points and 6.6 rebounds per game in 2016-17 ... transfer to WWU from Bakersfield College (CC)... over his two-year junior college career averaged 18.0 points (1043 points), 12.1 rebounds and 2.2 blocks per game while shooting 52.6% from the field (402-for-764)...also a career 75.5% free throw shooter (219-for-290).
- Honorable Mention All-GNAC
- Missed 9 of first 10 games of the season due to knee and ankle injury.
- Came off the bench in all 22 of his games played, averaging 22.0 minutes per game.
- Averaged 14.1 points, 6.6 rebounds and 1.0 blocks per game.
- Scored in double-digits in 17 of 22 games.
- Recorded double-double with 31 and 10 rebounds (13-for-17 FG) in his second WWU game 12/30/16 at Simon Fraser.
- Scored 25 points on 9-for-11 shooting 2/22/17 vs. Seattle Pacific.
- Named California Community College Athletic Association Co-Player of the Year.
- Started all 30 games.
- Averaged 17.9 points, 12.5 rebounds and 2.0 blocks per game.
- Was the top California junior college rebounder by a wide margin, totaling 374 boards (Offensive – 113, Defensive – 261).
- Amongst Western State – South Conference leaders ranked 3rd in scoring average (17.9), 1st in both rebounding and blocked shots and had the 2nd-best field-goal percentage in the league (56.2%/208-for-370).
- Recorded 23 double-doubles and scored in double-digits in 29 of 30 games.
- Started 27 games and played in all 28 games.
- Averaged 20.5 minutes, 18 points, 11.8 rebounds and 2.5 blocks per game.
- Shot 49.2 % from the field.
PERSONAL: Spent three years completely out of organized basketball after high school, instead he would hoop at a local park in his hometown of Easton, California...He was discovered by a friend of Bakersfield College men's basketball coach Rich Hughes.
Points: 31, at Simon Fraser -- 12/30/16 Rebounds: 13, at Western Oregon -- 01/14/17 Assists: 3, Simon Fraser -- 01/24/17 Steals: 3, MSU Billings -- 12/31/16 Blocks: 4, at MSU Billings -- 01/26/17 FG made: 13, at Simon Fraser -- 12/30/16 FG attempts: 17, at Simon Fraser -- 12/30/16 3FG made: 1, 13 times 3FG attempts: 3, Saint Martin's -- 02/25/17 FT made: 7, Western Oregon -- 02/09/17 FT attempts: 10, Western Oregon -- 02/09/17
White Tops Blue 95-75 in Annual Scrimmage
Deandre Dickson scores game-high 31 points, WWU returns to Carver Gym on WECU Court
Viking Jam Set for Wednesday at 7 pm
The WWU basketball teams will be showcased at WECU Court in Carver Gym
Blue-White Game Saturday Opens Men's Hoops Preseason
The annual Blue-White scrimmage is set for Saturday at 5 pm on WECU Court at Carver Gym
Vikings Men's Hoops Selected for National ESPN3 Game
WWU’s Feb. 1 game at Central Washington will stream live on ESPN3
Men's Basketball Announces 2017-18 Schedule
WWU will play 28 regular-season games in return to Carver Gym
Men's Hoops Helps Move in New Students to WWU Dorms
Vikings role up sleeves for campus and community service
Three Vikings Named to NABC Honors Court
WWU Men's Basketball earns the NABC Team Academic Excellence Award for team GPA over 3.0
Stafford Dominating Seattle's Crawsover Pro-Am
2016-17 GNAC Player of the Year is averaging 34.0 points per game
Vikings Add Pair of Transfers from Cerritos College
Tyler Payne and Micah Winn set to join WWU for 2017-18 season after standout careers at Cerritos College
Stafford to Play Professionally in Iceland
Feature story on Taylor Stafford in the Western Front
Parker and Stafford to Play for Bellingham Slam
WWU basketball standouts to play in 2017 Seattle Pro-Am League
2016-17 Men's Basketball Season in Review
The Vikings won the GNAC Regular-Season and Conference Tournament Title
Taylor Stafford To Play Professionally in Iceland
Stafford was the 2016-17 GNAC Player of the Year and a First Team All-American
Alumni Edge Slam in Back 2 Bellingham Battle
David Gage and Anye Turner combine for 60 points for the WWU Alumni squad
Alumni Men's Basketball Game Set for Saturday
Former WWU basketball players will take the court in an exhibition game vs. the Bellingham Slam