WWU: Enters senior season after averaging 14.1 points and 6.6 rebounds per game in 2016-17 ... transfer to WWU from Bakersfield College (CC)... over his two-year junior college career averaged 18.0 points (1043 points), 12.1 rebounds and 2.2 blocks per game while shooting 52.6% from the field (402-for-764)...also a career 75.5% free throw shooter (219-for-290).
- Honorable Mention All-GNAC
- Missed 9 of first 10 games of the season due to knee and ankle injury.
- Came off the bench in all 22 of his games played, averaging 22.0 minutes per game.
- Averaged 14.1 points, 6.6 rebounds and 1.0 blocks per game.
- Scored in double-digits in 17 of 22 games.
- Recorded double-double with 31 and 10 rebounds (13-for-17 FG) in his second WWU game 12/30/16 at Simon Fraser.
- Scored 25 points on 9-for-11 shooting 2/22/17 vs. Seattle Pacific.
- Named California Community College Athletic Association Co-Player of the Year.
- Started all 30 games.
- Averaged 17.9 points, 12.5 rebounds and 2.0 blocks per game.
- Was the top California junior college rebounder by a wide margin, totaling 374 boards (Offensive – 113, Defensive – 261).
- Amongst Western State – South Conference leaders ranked 3rd in scoring average (17.9), 1st in both rebounding and blocked shots and had the 2nd-best field-goal percentage in the league (56.2%/208-for-370).
- Recorded 23 double-doubles and scored in double-digits in 29 of 30 games.
- Started 27 games and played in all 28 games.
- Averaged 20.5 minutes, 18 points, 11.8 rebounds and 2.5 blocks per game.
- Shot 49.2 % from the field.
PERSONAL: Spent three years completely out of organized basketball after high school, instead he would hoop at a local park in his hometown of Easton, California...He was discovered by a friend of Bakersfield College men's basketball coach Rich Hughes.
Points: 31, at Simon Fraser -- 12/30/16 Rebounds: 13, at Western Oregon -- 01/14/17 Assists: 3, Simon Fraser -- 01/24/17 Steals: 3, MSU Billings -- 12/31/16 Blocks: 4, at MSU Billings -- 01/26/17 FG made: 13, at Simon Fraser -- 12/30/16 FG attempts: 17, at Simon Fraser -- 12/30/16 3FG made: 1, 13 times 3FG attempts: 3, Saint Martin's -- 02/25/17 FT made: 7, Western Oregon -- 02/09/17 FT attempts: 10, Western Oregon -- 02/09/17
Vikings Edged 80-76 by Cal State East Bay
WWU falls just short at home as Pioneers hold off Vikings in closing minutes
Men's Hoops Opens Busy Week with Cal State East Bay
Vikings host Cal State East Bay Tuesday night in Carver Gym
Men's Hoops Named NABC Team of the Week
Vikings opened GNAC play with dominating victories over Concordia and Western Oregon
Trey Drechsel Named DII National Player of the Week
WWU junior guard adds national award to his GNAC Player of the Week honor
Men's Hoops Tied for 5th in West Region Rankings
WWU is 5-2 on the season heading stretch of three consecutive non-conference games
Trey Drechsel Named GNAC Player of the Week
Junior guard averaged 26.5 points and 13.5 rebounds in a pair of WWU victories last week
Men's Basketball Tops Western Oregon 85-58
WWU uses strong first-half run to pull ahead, hands No. 13 WOU first loss
Vikings Win GNAC Opener 99-72 Over Concordia
Trey Drechsel leads WWU with career-high totals of 32 points and 17 rebounds
Men's Hoops Opens GNAC Play with Oregon Schools
Vikings are 3-2 on the season as they open league play as defending GNAC champs
Vikings Storm Past Capilano, 113-60 in Randall Classic
Six Vikings reach double-digits in scoring, led by 17 points from Daulton Hommes, in 113-60 victory
Vikings Edged by UC San Diego, 81-73
Deandre Dickson scores game-high 23 points to lead the Vikings
Men's Hoops Hosts Chuck Randall Classic
Vikings take on UC San Diego and Capilano in Carver Gym during Thanksgiving holiday tournament
Pair of Thanksgiving Tournaments Hosted in Bellingham
WWU will host the Chuck Randall Classic and Lynda Goodrich Classic in Carver Gym
Strong Second Half Lifts Vikings to Comfortable Victory
Daulton Hommes scores game-high 26 points in 108-81 win over Douglas College
Vikings Host Douglas College in Men's Basketball
1-1 Vikings have four players averaging double-figures in scoring after first week of 2017-18 season