CAREER: Ended his career as WWU's all-time leading scorer with 1,867 points, breaking the old mark of 1,844 points by Grant Dykstra ... a two-time First Team All-GNAC selection (junior and senior seasons) ... ranked 2nd in WWU history with 277 made 3-pointers ... 7th in GNAC history in total points, 6th with 670 field goals made (WWU record) and 3rd with 277 3-pointers ... played in 121 career games (tied for 7th in GNAC history, making 109 starts ... four-time GNAC Player of the Week, tied for 3rd-most selections by a WWU player ... scored in double-digits in 91 of 121 games (75.2%) and totaled 40 games with 20 or more points ... also had 7 contests with 30+ points, with a career-high 39 points Jan. 7, 2016 at Alaska Fairbanks.
|WWU Career Scoring Leaders||Points||Avg|
|1. Jeffrey Parker (2013-17)||1,867||15.4|
|2. Grant Dykstra (2002-06)||1,844||16.3|
|3. Ryan Diggs (2002-06)||1,783||16.4|
|4. Jared Stevenson (1996-2000)||1,728||16.2|
|5. Mike Palm (1999-2003)||1,649||14.9|
|6. Manny Kimmie (1986-90)||1,624||12.9|
|7. Harold Doyal (1991-95)||1,571||13.4|
|8. John Allen (2010-13)||1,480||15.4|
|9. Ira Graham (2004-05, 2006-09)||1,465||16.1|
|Jeff Dick (1990-94)||1,465||12.9|
|WWU Career 3-Pointers Made||3FG|
|1. Jared Stevenson (1996-2000)||279|
|2. Jeffrey Parker (2013-17)||277|
|3. Grant Dykstra (2002-06)||266|
|4. Jeff Dick (1990-94)||234|
|5. John Allen (2010-13)||198|
WWU Career Rankings:
- Points: 1,867 (1st) – broke record held by Grant Dykstra (1,844)
- Scoring Average: 15.4 (7th)
- Field Goals: 670 (1st) – old record was 646 by Grant Dykstra
- Field Goals Attempted: 1410 (1st) – old record was 1,340 by Grant Dykstra
- 3-Point Field Goals: 277 (2nd) – record is 279 by Jared Stevenson
- 3-Point Field Goals Attempted: 675 (2nd) – record is 678 by Jared Stevenson
- 3-Point FG Percentage: 41.0% (10th)
GNAC Career Rankings (at end of career):
- Points: 1,867 (7th)
- Field Goals: 670 (6th)
- 3-Point FG: 277 (3rd)
- Games Played: 120 (T7th)
- Games Started: 109 (T10th)
- GNAC Games Played: 76 (T1st)
- GNAC Games Started: 72 (T2nd)
- Averaged 15.9 points per game to rank 11th in the GNAC.
- Named First Team All-GNAC for the second season in a row.
- Started all 31 games helping lead WWU to the GNAC regular-season and conference tournament championships, and No. 3 seed in the NCAA II West Regional.
- Finished his career ranked 17th among active Division II players in total points (at end of 2016-17 season).
- Scored in double-digits in 25 of 31 games, with 10 games with 20+ points.
- Season high 32 points at Cal State East Bay (11/12) and vs. Northwest Nazarene (1/19).
- Recorded pair of double-doubles: 24 points, 10 rebounds (11/27 vs. Quest) and 13 points, 11 rebounds (2/18 at NNU).
- Became WWU's all-time leading scorer in GNAC semifinal vs. Saint Martin's (3/3).
- Averaged 17.9 points (5th in the GNAC) and 4.8 rebounds (ranked 26th in GNAC).
- Ranked 16th in WWU history for single-season scoring average (17.9 points).
- Started all 31 games, averaging 31.5 minutes per game (total of 975).
- Shot .465 from the field (19th in GNAC), .384 from 3-point range (16th in GNAC) and .785 for free throws (13th in GNAC).
- Led the GNAC with 78 3-pointers made (2.5 per game).
- Named First Team All-GNAC.
- Named GNAC Player of the Week (Jan. 4-10).
- Scored career-high 39 points Jan. 7 vs. Alaska, the 8th-most points in single-game WWU history.
- Recorded three 30+ point performances (39 - 1/7 vs. Alaska, 32 - 2/27 at Saint Martin's, 31 - 3/3 vs. Alaska Anchorage).
- Second-team GNAC all-star as sophomore after being GNAC Preseason all-star.
- MVP of WWU Chuck Randall Classic and twice named GNAC Player of the Week.
- Chuck Randall Coaches award winner.
- Only Viking to start all 31 games, averaging team-leading 15.6 points per game.
- Shot 43.4 percent (79-of-182) from 3-point range and 50.7 percent (178-of-351) from floor.
- Ranked third in GNAC in 3-point makes per game at 2.5 and sixth in scoring.
- Scored double-figure points in team-high 25 games.
- Had career highs of 31 points vs. Simon Fraser on Feb. 26 and 15 rebounds vs. Multnomah OR on Nov. 25.
- Also had 30 points vs. Thompson Rivers BC on 12/15/14, hitting 7-of-13 3-pointers.
- Made at least one 3-pointer in 26 of 31 contests.
2013-14 (Redshirt Freshman):
- Played in all 28 games, making 16 starts, as redshirt freshman in 2013-14.
- Averaged 11.9 points, shooting 48.2 percent (122-of-252) from the field and 43.2 percent (57-of-132) from 3-point range.
- Scored double-figure points 16 times.
- Posted season highs of 25 points vs. Northwest Nazarene on 2/20/14 and 10 rebounds at Montana State Billings on 2/13/14.
- Made 3-pointer in 24 games.
- Hit five 3-pointers in three contests, one time in just six shots from beyond the arc against Alaska Fairbanks on 3/6/14.
- Redshirt season.
HIGH SCHOOL: Received all-Bay Area and Bay Shore Athletic League honorable mention as senior at Salesian High School ... Helped Pride to 34-2 record, Bay Shore Athletic League, North Coast Section, Northern Region and California Interscholastic Federation Division IV state championships ... Averaged 11.0 points, 6.0 rebounds and 2.0 blocked shots ... Had 22 points and 10 rebounds vs. nationally ranked Trinity High School KY ... Granite Bay HS Grizzly All-tournament ... As junior, played on 26-12 team that won league, sectional and regional titles and reached state title contest ... Started and lettered two years ... Attended Division I McClymonds High School as freshman and sophomore ... Started as sophomore and earned two letters ... As freshman, member of Warriors team that took Oakland Athletic League and Northern Region crowns and reached state championship game.
PERSONAL: Major is behavioral psychology.
Points: 39, at Alaska -- 01/07/16 Rebounds: 15, Multnomah -- 11/25/14 Assists: 4, Quest -- 11/27/16 Steals: 3, at Seattle Pacific -- 02/25/16 Blocks: 2, 5 times FG made: 15, at Alaska -- 01/07/16 FG attempts: 28, at Alaska -- 01/07/16 3FG made: 8, at Alaska -- 01/07/16 3FG attempts: 17, at Alaska -- 01/07/16 FT made: 9, at MSU Billings -- 01/26/17 FT attempts: 10, at MSU Billings -- 01/26/17
Three Vikings Named to NABC Honors Court
WWU Men's Basketball earns the NABC Team Academic Excellence Award for team GPA over 3.0
Stafford Dominating Seattle's Crawsover Pro-Am
2016-17 GNAC Player of the Year is averaging 34.0 points per game
Vikings Add Pair of Transfers from Cerritos College
Tyler Payne and Micah Winn set to join WWU for 2017-18 season after standout careers at Cerritos College
Stafford to Play Professionally in Iceland
Feature story on Taylor Stafford in the Western Front
Parker and Stafford to Play for Bellingham Slam
WWU basketball standouts to play in 2017 Seattle Pro-Am League
2016-17 Men's Basketball Season in Review
The Vikings won the GNAC Regular-Season and Conference Tournament Title
Taylor Stafford To Play Professionally in Iceland
Stafford was the 2016-17 GNAC Player of the Year and a First Team All-American
Alumni Edge Slam in Back 2 Bellingham Battle
David Gage and Anye Turner combine for 60 points for the WWU Alumni squad
Alumni Men's Basketball Game Set for Saturday
Former WWU basketball players will take the court in an exhibition game vs. the Bellingham Slam
Men's Basketball Banquet To Celebrate Season
GNAC champion Vikings will hold 2016-17 banquet May 2 at Bellingham Golf & Country Club
WWU is 14th in Division II All-Sports Standings
WWU's men's and women's basketball programs gather points by advancing to the NCAA Tournament
Stafford Scores 12 Points in D2 All-Star Game
Taylor Stafford represents WWU in Reese's Division II All-Star Game
Watch Taylor Stafford in D2 All-Star Game
Stafford will play for the East squad in the Reese’s® Division II College All-Star game tonight in Sioux Falls, SD
Taylor Stafford Named First Team All-American
Stafford becomes third player in WWU men’s basketball history to earn first-team All-America status
Stafford & Parker Named NABC All-West Region
Stafford (1st team) and Parker (2nd team) earn All-West Region honors for the Vikings