CAREER: Transferred to WWU with one year of eligibility...appeared in 103 career games (83 starts) during her career ... started every game of junior and senior seasons at Nova Southeastern (redshirt junior) and WWU (redshirt senior) for a streak of 65 consecutive starts between the two schools ... also started 16 of 17 games as sophomore at Indiana State before a season-ending injury... averaged 5.6 points, 5.4 rebounds, 3.1 assists, 1.4 steals and 25.9 minutes per game for career ... averaged 5.5 points, 5.4 rebounds, 3.5 assists, 1.5 steals and 27.3 minutes per game during WWU career.
2016-17 (Redshirt Senior):
- Started all 32 games, averaging 27.1 min/game (total of 873).
- Averaged 5.5 points, 5.4 rebounds (11th in GNAC), 3.5 assists (8th in GNAC) and 1.5 steals (14th in GNAC) per game, leading WWU in assists and steals categories.
- Shot .427 from the field, .286 from 3-point range and .611 from free throw line.
- Ranked 7th in GNAC with 1.3 assist to turnover ratio
- Scored season-high 15 points on 2/25/17 against Alaska Fairbanks.
- Tied a career high with 9 assists against Cal State East Bay at the NCAA West Regiona on 3/101/17.
- Totaled 5 or more assists in a game 12 times during the season.
- Totaled 6 or more rebounds in a game 14 times during the season.
- Named to GNAC All-Academic Team (Adult & Higher Education graduate program, 3.65)
- Spent season out of basketball.
- Named to the SSC All-Newcomer Team after averaging 8.5 points, 6.8 rebounds 4.0 assists and 1.6 steals, the latter three categories also second-highest on the team.
- Was the only Shark to start all 33 games.
- Her assist average was 4th-best in the conference, steals average was 7th and rebounding eighth, and her team-highest 37.9 percent mark from 3-point range slotted 5th, the latter mark is the 8th-best season percentage in women's history.
- Hit the game-winning layup with 0.7 seconds left to beat Barry (2/14/15).
- Was chosen as a member of the SSC All-Tournament Team, averaging 12.3 points in the team's three wins, including 17 in the opener against Saint Leo (3/5/15) on 7-of-9 shooting.
- Her career best in scoring was 19, including a 5-of-6 mark from long range, against Shaw (12/15/14).
- Also had nine rebounds in that win.
- Had four double-doubles, all against SSC competition (Eckerd, 1/3/15; Florida Tech, 1/24/15; Saint Leo (1/28/15; Lynn, 2/11/15).
- Nearly had a triple-double in the effort against Eckerd, with 10 points, 12 rebounds and nine assists, earning her SSC Player of the Week honors.
Sat out the season at Nova Southeastern to rehab following her transfer … In the summer prior to coming to Fort Lauderdale, spent a month in Africa as part of a clean water project … Was a nominee for the 2014 Allstate WBCA Good Works Team.
PREVIOUS SCHOOL: Attended Indiana State University for two seasons … Earned Player of the Game honors, and was named to the school's Honor Roll.
HIGH SCHOOL: Played four years at McCutcheon HS for coach Jeff Knoy … Was an Indiana All-Star following her senior season … Earned Team MVP, All-Conference, All-Area, and was Big School All-Area Player of the Year … Also played three years of soccer at McCutcheon.
PERSONAL: Born in Lafayette, Indiana … Being named to the Indiana All-Star Game has been her most memorable athletic achievement … Get Him to the Greek is her favorite movie, and How I Met Your Mother is her favorite TV show … Lists Alice Paul as her favorite historical figure … Enjoys watching movies … Daughter of Jeff and Juanita Valley, and has an older brother, Jacob.
Points: 19, Shaw -- 12/15/14
Rebounds: 12, at Eckerd College -- 01/03/15 ; at Drake -- 01/11/13 ; Eastern Illinois -- 11/09/12
Assists: 9, at Lynn -- 01/07/15 ; at Florida Tech -- 02/21/15 ; vs Cal State East Bay -- 03/10/17
Steals: 6, Notre Dame de Namur -- 11/25/16
Blocks: 3, at Florida Tech -- 02/21/15
FG made: 7, at Barry -- 01/17/15 ; vs. Saint Leo -- 03/05/15
FG attempts: 12, Rollins -- 02/18/15
3FG made: 5, Shaw -- 12/15/14
3FG attempts: 6, vs. Union (TN) -- 03/16/15 ; Shaw -- 12/15/14
FT made: 7, Alaska Fairbanks -- 02/25/17
FT attempts: 8, Alaska Fairbanks -- 02/25/17
- Tearing her ACL twice was tough, but she got a new perspective halfway around the world | The Bellingham Herald [11/17/16]
Pair of Vikings Earn Great Northwest Athletic Conference Honors
Hannah Stipanovich named Second Team All-GNAC, Dani Iwami honored as GNAC Newcomer of the Year
WWU Falls 76-63 to MSU Billings in Season Finale
Vikings come up just shy of GNAC Championships berth as Yellowjackets pull away after halftime
Comeback Falls Just Short in 79-77 Loss at SFU
Anna Schwecke scores career-high 28 points on 13-for-17 shooting in the tough loss
WWU Travels to Simon Fraser, Hosts MSU Billings
Vikings enter final week of regular season vying for GNAC Championships berth
WWU Edged 78-76 by NNU in Overtime Thriller
Vikings force overtime with late 3-pointer, NNU pulls ahead in final minute of overtime
WWU and Bellingham Selected as Host for 2019 GNAC Basketball Championships
WECU Court at Carver Gym will host the 2019 GNAC Basketball Championships March 7-9, 2019
Vikings Take Down Central Washington 67-59
Hannah Stipanovich scores game-high 19 points, WWU win for fifth time over last six games
Trio of Vikings Named to GNAC All-Academic Team
Hannah Stipanovich, Amanda Lance and Lexie Bland honored by conference
Vikings to Host Central Washington and Northwest Nazarene
WWU faces CWU on Thursday, NNU on Saturday in GNAC matchups
Late Comeback Falls Short in Women's Hoops 80-62 Loss at SPU
Gracie Castaneda scores career-high 21 points as Vikings have four-game winning streak snapped
Vikings Roll To 79-51 Win at Saint Martin's
WWU wins fourth consecutive game, Vikings shoot 50.0% (28-of-56) from the field
Women's Basketball On the Road to Face SMU and SPU
Vikings face the Saints Thursday night (7 pm) and the Falcons Saturday night (7 pm)
Viking Spotlight | Lexie Bland & Dani Iwami
Hear from WWU women's basketball sophomore guards Lexie Bland and Dani Iwami
WWU Tops Concordia 84-68 for Third Straight Win
Vikings outscore Cavaliers 25-7 in third quarter to pull away from two-point halftime lead
WWU Pulls Away from Western Oregon for 66-46 Victory
Vikings outscore Wolves 38-19 in third and fourth quarters in commanding victory