CAREER: Transferred to WWU with one year of eligibility...appeared in 103 career games (83 starts) during her career ... started every game of junior and senior seasons at Nova Southeastern (redshirt junior) and WWU (redshirt senior) for a streak of 65 consecutive starts between the two schools ... also started 16 of 17 games as sophomore at Indiana State before a season-ending injury... averaged 5.6 points, 5.4 rebounds, 3.1 assists, 1.4 steals and 25.9 minutes per game for career ... averaged 5.5 points, 5.4 rebounds, 3.5 assists, 1.5 steals and 27.3 minutes per game during WWU career.
2016-17 (Redshirt Senior):
- Started all 32 games, averaging 27.1 min/game (total of 873).
- Averaged 5.5 points, 5.4 rebounds (11th in GNAC), 3.5 assists (8th in GNAC) and 1.5 steals (14th in GNAC) per game, leading WWU in assists and steals categories.
- Shot .427 from the field, .286 from 3-point range and .611 from free throw line.
- Ranked 7th in GNAC with 1.3 assist to turnover ratio
- Scored season-high 15 points on 2/25/17 against Alaska Fairbanks.
- Tied a career high with 9 assists against Cal State East Bay at the NCAA West Regiona on 3/101/17.
- Totaled 5 or more assists in a game 12 times during the season.
- Totaled 6 or more rebounds in a game 14 times during the season.
- Named to GNAC All-Academic Team (Adult & Higher Education graduate program, 3.65)
- Spent season out of basketball.
- Named to the SSC All-Newcomer Team after averaging 8.5 points, 6.8 rebounds 4.0 assists and 1.6 steals, the latter three categories also second-highest on the team.
- Was the only Shark to start all 33 games.
- Her assist average was 4th-best in the conference, steals average was 7th and rebounding eighth, and her team-highest 37.9 percent mark from 3-point range slotted 5th, the latter mark is the 8th-best season percentage in women's history.
- Hit the game-winning layup with 0.7 seconds left to beat Barry (2/14/15).
- Was chosen as a member of the SSC All-Tournament Team, averaging 12.3 points in the team's three wins, including 17 in the opener against Saint Leo (3/5/15) on 7-of-9 shooting.
- Her career best in scoring was 19, including a 5-of-6 mark from long range, against Shaw (12/15/14).
- Also had nine rebounds in that win.
- Had four double-doubles, all against SSC competition (Eckerd, 1/3/15; Florida Tech, 1/24/15; Saint Leo (1/28/15; Lynn, 2/11/15).
- Nearly had a triple-double in the effort against Eckerd, with 10 points, 12 rebounds and nine assists, earning her SSC Player of the Week honors.
Sat out the season at Nova Southeastern to rehab following her transfer … In the summer prior to coming to Fort Lauderdale, spent a month in Africa as part of a clean water project … Was a nominee for the 2014 Allstate WBCA Good Works Team.
PREVIOUS SCHOOL: Attended Indiana State University for two seasons … Earned Player of the Game honors, and was named to the school's Honor Roll.
HIGH SCHOOL: Played four years at McCutcheon HS for coach Jeff Knoy … Was an Indiana All-Star following her senior season … Earned Team MVP, All-Conference, All-Area, and was Big School All-Area Player of the Year … Also played three years of soccer at McCutcheon.
PERSONAL: Born in Lafayette, Indiana … Being named to the Indiana All-Star Game has been her most memorable athletic achievement … Get Him to the Greek is her favorite movie, and How I Met Your Mother is her favorite TV show … Lists Alice Paul as her favorite historical figure … Enjoys watching movies … Daughter of Jeff and Juanita Valley, and has an older brother, Jacob.
Points: 19, Shaw -- 12/15/14
Rebounds: 12, at Eckerd College -- 01/03/15 ; at Drake -- 01/11/13 ; Eastern Illinois -- 11/09/12
Assists: 9, at Lynn -- 01/07/15 ; at Florida Tech -- 02/21/15 ; vs Cal State East Bay -- 03/10/17
Steals: 6, Notre Dame de Namur -- 11/25/16
Blocks: 3, at Florida Tech -- 02/21/15
FG made: 7, at Barry -- 01/17/15 ; vs. Saint Leo -- 03/05/15
FG attempts: 12, Rollins -- 02/18/15
3FG made: 5, Shaw -- 12/15/14
3FG attempts: 6, vs. Union (TN) -- 03/16/15 ; Shaw -- 12/15/14
FT made: 7, Alaska Fairbanks -- 02/25/17
FT attempts: 8, Alaska Fairbanks -- 02/25/17
- Tearing her ACL twice was tough, but she got a new perspective halfway around the world | The Bellingham Herald [11/17/16]
Vikings Ink Lynden Christian Star Avery Dykstra
Dykstra is a four-year starter at Lynden Christian in basketball and the 2017 Northwest Conference MVP
WWU to Host Viking Holiday Hoops Classic
Vikings will face Texas A&M International (Monday) and No. 3 West Texas A&M (Tuesday)
WWU Hosts Viking Holiday Hoops Classic Starting Monday
Special $5 general admission tickets and a visit by Santa and Mrs. Claus highlight tournament promotions
Vikings Fall at Montana State Billings, 75-62
Hannah Stipanovich and Gracie Castaneda lead WWU with 15 points apiece
WWU Tops Simon Fraser 74-60 to Open GNAC Play
All five starters finish in double figures scoring, WWU pulls away in fourth quarter
Women's Basketball Faces Simon Fraser, MSU Billings to Begin GNAC Schedule
The Vikings host SFU on Tuesday and travel to MSUB on Thursday to open GNAC play
WWU Takes Down Academy of Art 82-66 in Lynda Goodrich Classic Finale
Vikings outscore Urban Knights 25-7 during third quarter to pull away in victory
Vikings Edged 59-56 by Valdosta State in Lynda Goodrich Classic
WWU erases deficit to tie with just over a minute left, Blazers pull ahead in final minute
WWU Set to Host Lynda Goodrich Classic
The Vikings face Valdosta State on Friday and Academy of Art on Saturday
Pair of Thanksgiving Tournaments Hosted in Bellingham
WWU will host the Chuck Randall Classic and Lynda Goodrich Classic in Carver Gym
Vikings Fall 84-68 to Azusa Pacific at West Region Crossover Classic
Hannah Stipanovich scores 20 points, Anna Schwecke and Gracie Castaneda add 13 apiece
WWU Falls 56-49 Against UC San Diego at West Region Crossover Classic
Hannah Stipanovich scores 13 points, grabs career-high 14 rebounds for Vikings
WWU Returns to California for Second West Region Crossover Classic Tournament
WWU faces UC San Diego Friday (5:30 pm) and Azusa Pacific (7:30 pm) Saturday
Vikings Hold Off Humboldt State 54-50 in California
WWU withstands late rally, Hannah Stipanovich leads Vikings with 13 points
WWU Tops Fresno Pacific 86-72 in Season Opener
Senior forward Hannah Stipanovich scores 20 points to lead five Vikings in double figures