WWU CAREER: Appeared in 119 career games (103 starts) to rank among program's all-time leaders in games played ... scored 1,940 career points to rank 2nd in WWU history as well as 2nd in GNAC history ... concluded career ranked 8th among active Division II players in career points scored ... GNAC all-time leading scorer in league games with 1,244 points ... led NCAA Division II with 23.3 points per game average during senior season, setting WWU and GNAC records for points in a season with 745 ... set WWU single-season scoring average record and ranks 2nd in conference history for single-season scoring average ... became 4th player with 600+ points in a season in GNAC history and 3rd player in conference history to surpass 1,800 career points ... for GNAC conference games only, set conference single-season records with 468 points and 341 field goal attempts while ranking in a tie for 1st in GNAC history for scoring average in league games only at 23.4 points per game ... scored a career-high 41 points at Simon Fraser during senior season to rank as 2nd-most points in a game in WWU history and tied for 3rd-most points in a game in GNAC history, also setting WWU record for points in a half with 27 second-half points in the 41-point effort ... 2016-17 First Team All-American (WBCA, Division II Bulletin) and D2CAA Second Team All-American ... three-time GNAC All-Star, including two-time First Team All-GNAC honoree and the 2016-17 GNAC Player of the Year ... career scoring average of 16.3 points per game ranks 2nd in program history and 9th in GNAC history ... also averaged 3.8 rebounds, 2.3 assists and 1.4 steals for career ... in addition to GNAC total points and points average records and rankings, concluded career ranked among GNAC all-time leaders in field goals made (695, 2nd), field goals attempted (1,509, 2nd), 3-point field goal percentage (.410, 8th), free throws made (405, 6th), free throws attempted (476, 11th), free throw percentage (.851, 10th), games played (119, T-22nd), games started (103, T-14th), minutes played (3,566, 4th) and minutes played per game average (29.97, 26th) ... scored in double-digits in 100 of 119 career games, including all 28 games of 2015-16 and 29 of 32 games in 2016-17 ... scored 20+ points in 33 games (23 during senior season) ... five career 30+ point games ... holds WWU single-season record for made free throws (159) and ranks 2nd in free throw attempts (187) ... ranks among WWU career leaders in free throws made with 405 ... three-time GNAC All-Academic selection.
|WWU CAREER POINTS LEADERS|
|1.||Jo Metzger (1977-81)||1,990|
|2.||Taylor Peacocke (2013-17)||1,940|
|3.||Gina Sampson (1992-96)||1,786|
|4.||Celeste Hill (1996-2000)||1,658|
|5.||Amanda Dunbar (2007-11)||1,654|
|6.||Cim Hanson (1987-91)||1,475|
|7.||Jenn McGillivray (2000-04)||1,432|
|8.||Lori deKubber (1981-85)||1,408|
|9.||Amanda Olsen (1996-2000)||1,367|
|10.||Shannon Grandbois (1992-97)||1,335|
- Started and played in 32 games, averaging 34.8 min/game (total of 1114 minutes), which was 3rd-most in the GNAC.
- Led all of NCAA Division II with a points per game average of 23.3 (745 points, 32 games).
- Points scored during senior season (745) set single-season WWU and GNAC records while scoring average of 23.3 points per game set WWU single-season scoring average record while ranking 2nd in GNAC history for single-season scoring average for all games.
- Became the GNAC's all-time leading scorer in league games with 1,244 points and concluded career ranked 8th among active Division II players with 1,940 career points.
- For GNAC conference games only, set conference single season records with 468 points and 341 field goal attempts while tying record for single-season scoring average in league games only at 23.4 points per game.
- Scored a career-high 41 points at Simon Fraser on 1/17/17, the 2nd-most points in a game in WWU history (one point shy of 42 points scored by Gina Sampson in 1995) and tied for 3rd-most points in a game in GNAC history. The 41-point effort was tied for the 4th-best scoring performance by a Division II player during the 2016-17 season. Shot 13-for-19 from the field, 5-for-8 from 3-point range and 10-for-10 from the free throw line, and scored 27 points in the second half to set a program record for points in a half.
- Scored 20 or more points in 23 of 32 games, including four games of 30 or more points (five in career).
- Shot .472 from the field during season (14th in GNAC) and averaged 3.1 assists per game (12th in GNAC) as well as 1.3 steals per game (T-20th in GNAC).
- Shot .430 from 3-point range to rank 3rd in GNAC and led conference with 86 3-point field goals during season (86-for-200, 2.7 3-pointers per game average).
- Set WWU single-season record for free throws made and finished 2nd for attempts in a season (159-for-187, 85.0%), ranking 5th among GNAC leaders in free throw percentage.
- Named WBCA First Team All-American.
- Named Division II Bulletin First Team All-American.
- Named D2CAA Second Team All-American and First Team D2CAA All-West Region.
- Named GNAC Player of the Year.
- Three-time GNAC Player of the Week during senior season (Nov. 7-13, Dec. 26-Jan. 1, Jan. 16-22).
- Honored as USBWA National Player of the Week for Jan. 16-22.
- Member of NCAA II West Region All-Tournament Team as well as Lynda Goodrich Classic (MVP), West Region Crossover Classic (MVP) and SPU/Sodexo Tip-Off Classic (MVP) all-tournament teams.
- Named to GNAC All-Academic Team (3.55, Sociology) for the third time in career.
- Named co-recipient of WWU Female Athlete of the Year honor.
- Participated in Women's Pro Combine and Free Agent Camp following season.
- Jersey selected to hang in the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame Ring of Honor display for recognition of outstanding play during 2016-17 season.
- Started and played in 28 games, averaging 35.8 min/game (total of 1002 minutes) which was 5th-most in the GNAC.
- Averaged 16.8 points (ranked 3rd in GNAC), 3.5 rebounds, 2 steals (ranked 4th in GNAC) and 2.6 (ranked 13th in GNAC) assists per game.
- Shot .450 (ranked 16th in GNAC), .436 from 3-point range (ranked 3rd in GNAC), and .863 for free throws (3rd in GNAC).
- Named to GNAC First Team All-Conference.
- Named to GNAC All-Academic Team (3.63, Sociology).
- Season (and career) high, 32 points came against NNU on 2/6/16.
- Second-team GNAC All-Star.
- GNAC Academic all-star.
- Seattle Pacific Sodexo Tipoff Classic and WWU West Region Crossover Classic all-tournament choice.
- Twice GNAC Player of the Week.
- Started all 30 games.
- Averaged team-high 13.5 points per game, along with 4.5 rebounds, 2.0 assists and 1.4 steals.
- Shot 86.9 percent (93-of-107) at free-throw line.
- Made 25 straight free throws, two shy of school record, during one stretch.
- Had team-best 24 double-doubles.
- Posted career highs of 27 points, making 12-of-14 free throws, and 17 rebounds vs. Azusa Pacific on 11/21/14.
- Played in all 29 games.
- Averaged 11.0 points, hitting 84-of-102 free throws (82.14 percent).
- Scored double figures 19 times, posting double-double of 15 points and season-high 11 rebounds vs. Simon Fraser in GNAC Tournament final on 3/8/14.
- Had season-high 19 points at Western Oregon on 1/16/14.
- Attended Sacramento State University.
- Played in 7 games for Hornets before suffering season-ending injury.
- Received medical hardship.
PERSONAL: Major is sociology.
|SINGLE-GAME HIGHS [all-time ranking]:
Points: 41, at Simon Fraser -- 01/17/17
Rebounds: 17, Azusa Pacific -- 11/21/14
Assists: 7, vs California Baptist -- 03/11/17
Steals: 6, Alaska Anchorage -- 12/05/15
Blocks: 1, 13 times
FG made: 15, vs Central Washington -- 03/03/17
FG attempts: 25, Alaska Anchorage -- 02/23/17
3FG made: 7, Alaska Anchorage -- 02/23/17
3FG attempts: 14, Alaska Anchorage -- 02/23/17
FT made: 12, at Northwest Nazarene -- 02/06/16 ; Azusa Pacific -- 11/21/14
FT attempts: 14, Azusa Pacific -- 11/21/14
WWU Tops Saint Martin's 69-58 for Historic Victory
Vikings earn win No. 1,000 all-time in program history with Saturday’s victory over Saints
WWU Rally Falls Short in 75-63 Loss to SPU
Vikings cut 21-point halftime deficit to five points but Falcons hold off WWU
Vikings Return Home to Host SPU and SMU
WWU faces SPU on Thursday at 7 pm, oppose Saint Martin's on Saturday at 7 pm.
Vikings Edged 54-50 at Western Oregon
WWU takes a late lead, Wolves score last six points of game to top WWU
Women's Basketball Falls at Concordia 70-61
Nikki Corbett scores 13 points in her season debut, Lexie Bland also finishes with 13 points
Vikings Travel to face Concordia and Western Oregon
WWU faces Concordia Thursday and Western Oregon Saturday, both games start at 5:15 pm
WWU Falls to No. 6 Alaska Anchorage 64-54
Kelsey Rogers scores 12 points for WWU, Seawolves hold off Vikings
Vikings Take Down Alaska Fairbanks 83-49
WWU shoots 50.8% from the field with balanced offense in commanding win
WWU Hosts Alaska Schools in Return to GNAC Play
Vikings face Alaska Fairbanks on Friday (7 pm) and Alaska Anchorage on Sunday (4 pm)
Anna Schwecke Named GNAC Player of the Week
Schwecke was named to the Viking Holiday Hoops Classic All-Tournament Team averaging 14 points and 10 rebounds per game
WWU Falls 78-62 to No. 3 West Texas A&M
Vikings stay within striking distance of West Texas A&M before Lady Buffs pull away late
Vikings Roll to 90-59 Win Over Texas A&M International
WWU uses strong start to build early lead, five Vikings score in double figures
Vikings Ink Lynden Christian Star Avery Dykstra
Dykstra is a four-year starter at Lynden Christian in basketball and the 2017 Northwest Conference MVP
WWU to Host Viking Holiday Hoops Classic
Vikings will face Texas A&M International (Monday) and No. 3 West Texas A&M (Tuesday)
WWU Hosts Viking Holiday Hoops Classic Starting Monday
Special $5 general admission tickets and a visit by Santa and Mrs. Claus highlight tournament promotions